Sarah and I sat down after the Lockdown Announcement last night and have come up with a couple of decisions regarding Murmurations and Roost sites.
Firstly the Facebook Group is going to stay on Post Approval for the remainder of the season. With Lockdown until at least mid February we feel this is the best option.
Also to not encourage people to travel we shall no longer be allowing any more posts from this season. Please keep footage and photos until the season is over and lockdown restrictions have been relaxed.
We are therefore asking people to only submit photos etc from previous years as a Lockdown Look Back.
Within this we will not be allowing and RSPB reserves though to keep those out of the limelight this season.
THE MURMURATION MAP....
From this point forward we will not update the locations with any updated information. This is to try to reduce the risk of people looking at recent information and travelling outside of their local area against the Lockdown rules.
We understand that the majority of people will understand why we are doing this and also that it is the minority that would flout rules to travel distances to see Starlings etc, so if we can help that in any way, we hope by taking these steps, it will stop them.
This has been a difficult decision to make as we enjoy seeing all the information come in and all the footage that gets posted. We are though asking for you to continue sending your information to us so we can keep it in our database to add to the location information once the season is over.
Again, we hope that you understand our reasoning behind this
Please Stay Safe,
All the best for now
Glenn & Sarah.